Prime suspect in murder at FC Porto title party is in protective custody – Observer

You have free access to all the articles of the Observer by being our subscriber.

The 19-year-old son of one of the most influential members of the Porto Super Dragons cheerleading team and considered the prime suspect in the murder of Igor Silva, who was fatally stabbed during celebrations for FC Porto’s 30th championship, will stay in preventive detention pending trial. The judge’s decision was published by JN.

In a statement released Tuesday morning, the PJ said it had arrested the suspect in the attacks that led to Igor’s death. The young man was arrested on Monday night on suspicion of aggravated murder.

The PJ reveals that the crime took place in “retaliation for a succession of assaults which, since January of this year, had occurred between the accused, his family and the victim”.

The PJ indicates that after the intervention of some people, who were also assaulted, the victim moved away from the scene, but was approached by the defendant who “armed with a large bladed weapon, struck several times and with extreme violence, causing her death”.


A police source told Lusa that the man’s death was due to “personal issues” between the victim and the assailant, arguing that “disagreements between the victim, the defendant’s family and the defendant -even are at stake”.

The same source clarified that the episode of violence “was not a dispute over territories, nor wars between armed gangs, nor had to do with football”, adding that, during the attacks, no firearms only the knife with which the accused had fatally stabbed the 26-year-old victim was used.

The detainee, who according to the PJ works as a cleaner, has no criminal record.

According to Correio da Manhã, the father of the young man, Marco “Orelhas”, is also suspected of the fatal attacks and is still at large. The Super Dragons element has already been accused by the authorities of having participated in other episodes of violence in the Greater Porto region.

The father of the main crime suspect was implicated in other violent episodes on the ground. According to Público, during a match between Canelas 2010 and Rio Tinto in April 2017, the man broke a referee’s nose with a knee after being shown a red card to one of the players.

He was then sentenced to 11 months in prison. suspended sentence, having also been prohibited from entering the sports arenas during this period. At the Estádio do Dragão, the father of the main crime suspect is often seen with Super Dragons leader Fernando Madureira.

FC Porto reacted to what happened at the end of this Monday. In a brief statement, the dragons deplored the “death of a supporter during the celebrations of the national football title”: “To the family of the victim, FC Porto sends its most sincere condolences”.

Article updated at 7:31 p.m. on May 10, 2022

Leave a Comment