Liga 2 decisions will be played next Sunday. At the start of the last round, it remains to be decided who will go through, as well as who will accompany Académica in the descent to Liga 3 and who will discuss the play-offs. (promotion and maintenance).
As for the ascension, Rio Ave, Casa Pia and Chaves are vying for the two direct ascension places and one of them will play in the promotion play-off, with the 16th place in the League. And in this last match there will even be a direct confrontation, since Rio Aves receives Chaves.
Regarding relegation, Covilhã and Varzim discuss who goes straight down and who plays the playoffs maintenance with a Liga 3 team (Alverca or UD Leiria).
Scenarios regarding the rise of the division
Rio Ave enters the League if:
– Win or draw with Chaves (being equal champion). A tie and a win for Casa Pia at Leixões would be equal points, but Vilacondenses prevails in the direct confrontation.
– Lose against Chaves and Casa Pia without beating Leixões.
Rio Ave goes into dam if:
– Lose with Chaves and Casa Pia win. Vilacondenses dropped out of the top two spots as the Flavienses would win in direct confrontation.
Casa Pia enters the League if:
– Defeat Leixões.
– To draw with Leixões and Chaves does not win in Vila do Conde.
– Lose with Leixões and Chaves lose in Vila do Conde.
(if Leixões wins and Rio Ave loses with Chaves, he becomes champion)
Casa Pia goes to the play-offs if:
– Draw with Leixões and Chaves wins Rio Ave.
– Lose with Leixões and Chaves drawing in Vila do Conde. There would be a punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the Flavians prevail in the direct confrontation.
Chaves enters the League if:
– Beat Rio Avenue.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia lose. There would be a punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the Flavians prevail in the direct confrontation.
(They are champions if they beat Rio Ave and Casa Pia does not beat Leixões. There would be a tie on points between Chaves and Rio Ave, but the Flavienses do better in the direct confrontation)
Chaves goes into a shoot-off if:
– Lose with Rio Ave.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia to score at Matosinhos.
Scenarios regarding division descent:
Varzim leaves the division if:
– Lose with Mafra.
– Drawn with Mafra. In the event of a punctual equality between Varzim and Covilhã, the Serra lions prevail in the direct confrontation.
Varzim plays the play-off if:
– Winning Mafra and Covilhã not winning.
Covilhã leaves the division if:
– Losing with Estrela and Varzim beat Mafra.
– Draw and Varzim beats Mafra.
Covilha goes to a play-off if:
– Defeat the star.
– Draw and Varzim does not win.
– Losing and Varzim not winning. In the event of Covilhã’s defeat and Varzim-Mafra’s tie, there would be a tie on points between Varzim and Covilhã, but the Serra lions have the upper hand in direct confrontation.