Rio Ave and Casa Pia ensured their rise in the League this Sunday. Rio Ave, beating Chaves 3-0, became champions with 70 points and went first, immediately returning to first place after a year in Liga 2; Casa Pia beat Leixões 5-1 and are second with 68 points, also with a direct assist, returning 83 years later. Chaves has 64 points and will have to go to a play-off with Moreirense.
Remember the morning movie:
FINAL. Party in Vila do Conde with the first place assured, in Matosinhos Casa Pia also celebrates. Chaves will have to go to the playoffs.
90+2: Derick makes it 5-1 at Casa Pia.
89 – Last minutes in Matosinhos and Vila do Conde
80 – Aderllan Santos scores second for Rio Ave, 3-0 in Vila do Condé.
76 – Rio Ave makes it 2-0 and he is getting closer and closer to the ascension. Aderllan Santos scored shortly after Chaves captain Luís Rocha was sent off.
61 – Leixões reduced to Matosinhos, 1-4, by Leo Bolgado. As for the accounts, everything is the same: at this stage, Rio Ave has almost 70 points, Casa Pia 68 and Chaves 64.
46 – Resumption of matches
BREAK: At this point Rio Ave and Casa Pia go up, Chaves goes to the play-off with Moreirense.
38 – 4-0, Casa Pia. Jota scores his second and fourth for the Lisboans.
15 – 3-0 for Casa Piabrand Jota Silva.
– SPORTTV (@SPORTTVPortugal) May 15, 2022
12 – 2-0 for Casa Pia. João Vieira scores.
9 – Casa Pia advances on the ground of Leixões near Muscat. The result highlights that Chaves must win Rio Ave to be able to climb directly. At this point, Rio Ave and Casa Pia go up, Chaves goes to the barrage.
1m – Rio Ave enters in the best possible way, Aziz opening the scoring. With this scenario, Rio Ave goes up first, Casa Pia goes up second, and Chaves goes to the playoffs.
Regarding relegation (matches at 3:30 p.m.), Covilhã (goes to Amadora) and Varzim (hosts Mafra) discuss who goes straight down and who plays the maintenance play-off with a Liga 3 team (Alverca or UD Leiria).
Here are the scenarios for upgrading the division:
Rio Ave enters the League if:
– Win or draw with Chaves (being equal champion). A tie and a win for Casa Pia at Leixões would be equal points, but Vilacondenses prevails in the direct confrontation.
– Lose against Chaves and Casa Pia without beating Leixões.
Rio Ave goes into dam if:
– Lose with Chaves and Casa Pia win. Vilacondenses dropped out of the top two spots as the Flavienses would win in direct confrontation.
Casa Pia enters the League if:
– Defeat Leixões.
– Draw with Leixões and Chaves does not win in Vila do Conde.
– Lose with Leixões and Chaves lose in Vila do Conde.
(if Leixões wins and Rio Ave loses with Chaves, he becomes champion)
Casa Pia goes to the play-offs if:
– Draw with Leixões and Chaves wins Rio Ave.
– Lose with Leixões and Chaves draw in Vila do Conde. There would be a punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the Flavians prevail in the direct confrontation.
Chaves enters the League if:
– Beat Rio Avenue.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia lose. There would be a punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the Flavians prevail in the direct confrontation.
(They are champions if they beat Rio Ave and Casa Pia does not beat Leixões. There would be a tie on points between Chaves and Rio Ave, but the Flavienses do better in the direct confrontation)
Chaves goes into a shoot-off if:
– Lose with Rio Ave.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia to score at Matosinhos.
Scenarios regarding division descent:
Varzim leaves the division if:
– Lose with Mafra.
– Drawn with Mafra. In the event of a point tie between Varzim and Covilhã, the Serra lions prevail in the direct confrontation.
Varzim plays the play-off if:
– Winning Mafra and Covilhã not winning.
Covilhã leaves the division if:
– Losing with Estrela and Varzim beat Mafra.
– Draw and Varzim beats Mafra.
Covilha goes to a play-off if:
– Defeat the star.
– Draw and Varzim does not win.
– Losing and Varzim not winning. In the event of Covilhã’s defeat and Varzim-Mafra’s tie, there would be a punctual tie between Varzim and Covilhã, but the Serra lions prevail in the direct confrontation.